Sunday, April 16, 2006

partied

an absynth at 6:30 this morning with my dinah... my body wasn't having it...

we made it to bed by about 7:30... by 11:30 i couldn't sleep so i joined grace watching cbeebies on our new set top box... which josiah gave to us this weekend, partly so that grace could watch cbeebies while she (& me & dinah) slept off our respective hangovers...

the party had begun with me & producer G doing 3 tunes, part of our set @ the vibe bar a week tomorrow... part of a sequence of performances from people who live in this house (+ belgiun R)... producer G said afterwords how honoured he was to be part of that performance... the quality of the performances was very good... dinah did some, including a song she'd written in the early days of me & her... (don't brake my plastic heart in two)... i loved her all the more watching her sing it...

in my set were the two i've written for her in these last few months as well as harbour walls... a couple of nice comments after from two men whose opinunes i trust... Wfloopy (shaman) pointing out my ability to take the piss out of myself but still be good... and cedric nash pointing to the frankness in the songs... that he could here me clearly within the lyrics... this as well as the invalueable experience of performing in front of an audience that listens... (a luxury i may not get at the vibe bar)... great...

josiah & grace left a few hours ago and dinah was practically collapsed on the floor from hunger...

grace screaming the house down this morning... a house full of hungover people...

the magnetic theatre a few nights ago, grace with a captivre audience of hilda & spski & me... (grace dancing with hilda & T)

the fact that spaki wasn't at the party... missed him... i've been there, i've missed parties at this house & i respect his position on it... but he was missed...

dr K...

nippy & r9, who finally got her high healed shoes back after nippy's set last night, a good gig, maybe my last time with those shoes for awhile...

going over to Wfloopy & T's for dinner tonight, even though i've met them loads of times before it still has a slightly edgy meet the parents vibe to it...

x

No comments: