Wednesday, April 19, 2006

adventures with pianos

at the gig/party on saturday night my sound module was being a bit wierd... turning off for no reason i could see every now and again...

tody i decided to rehearse with the keyboard i'm going to gig with, get my emotional self attached to it... Hcello came round and we statred playing, a little wierd for me, having been practising on the fender rhodes fo so long...

anyway, midway through the first tune the module died... very scary... days away from the gig @ the vibe bar... found out what was going on and fixed it eventually but somehow it reset itself back to it's factory setings...

so suddenly i had to reprogram it to be how i wanted it again, a rehearsal with nippy tonight and in that band i use quite a few changed things within it...

so i've just spent an hour or so getting my head back into that headspace of how to program the little creature...

interesting... one of those times when a pain in the arse makes you look at something you might not have looked at and you gain from the looking... a new piano sound that i didn't realise it had that suits my soloing self, just as the piano sound i knew about suits my ballady/chord self...

packing up shortly and i'll be getting the tube down with my keyboard to nippy's rehearsal, shunning K's lift, partly because i'm not wanting to spend time with that man these days, but also because it's a journey i'm going to have to make next monday morning and it's been a long time, i don't want it to kill me then so it may well kill me tonight...

one of my very first posts on this here blog was about just how mad it is carrying my keyboard on public transport...

getting all the more excited about the gig next monday...

x

No comments: