Monday, April 17, 2006

blewbury

with my parents down in the countryside for the night... a chance to see their new bathroom & kitchen, a little play on the piano that i'm going to move to my house in the near future, a drink with my blewbury old friend in about half an hour...

woke up deliciously late today, a proper amount of sleep, recovering from the party...

me & dinah went over to her parents last night for a meal, lovely, a good night, good conversations all round... i was struck by certain similarities between T, dinah's mum, & my mum, nothing i can put into words but they're there...

Wfloopy (shaman) & me got entangled in a synthesisor/guitarist argument... dinah putting her bass playing twopenneth in...

we also watched Dr Who, with david tennant as the dr... he was truly excellent, miles better than christopher eccleston... surprisingly good episode... made us laugh out loud...

then today my journey over here was really nice... the canal in london, beautiful day , the train journey longer than it should have been but this gave me a nice long book read... i'm reading a book dinah's leant me, can't remember the title just now, very good...

also nice just to look out of the window and see the landscape moulding gradually into the landscape of my childhood, we crossed a river twice between reading & didcot, which i guess is the thames, made me want to check on an ordnance survey map... or maybe just the internet now... yes, the thames it is...

anyway... laters potatoes...

x

1 comment:

felinity said...

Oh you're home! So jealous.

Sorry we didn't make it to the party, but I am definitely coming to your gig (and hopefully bringing G, Katie etc but on the day you never know). Can I mention it on my journal? (I probably will do anyway before you answer this.)