Thursday, March 09, 2006

the rain

decided to miss my manolis meal before going to hammersmith today in favour of going to the bike shop and getting some rain protection...

a new rear mudguard and a cape... the mudguard does a great job actually, my wet arse has been more a victim of my back wheel than the falling rain, the cape is huge, kind of strange, it's like a poncho, my head pops through a hole in the middle, it stretches over my handle bars and behind my saddle... completely incasing my upper half...

i cycled to work and the rain was off & on, i was fully caped to the canal, then the rain had eased and i wanted to listen to my ipod so i changed my costume for the canal journey, donning the cape once more for the final road bit, although the rain was patchy, at one point i stopped a passer by and asked her opinion, she thought it probably wouldn't rain for the 20 minutes i needed to get to work from there...

i was listening to roberta flack & donny hathaway's album, something i've had on cd for years, one of my students wanted to learn some piano from a tupac song and i recognised it as being from that album, the original sample, a tune called be real black for me, beautiful...

all in all, what with both canal journeys (there & back) i managed to listen to the whole album by the water, it's a killer, i like it more now than i did when i bought it, in particular their version of you've lost that loving feeling, and where is the love?, just fantastic, great voices and great musicians, the album closes with a piano/fender rhodes duet that is just heaven...

my phone started working today after not working for several days (including over 24 hours after i'd paid my bill), and i'm looking forward to listening to the messages that have been building up, there's one from the piano movers and i hope one from H (cellist), which coincides well with meeting up with producer G on friday...

me & G went and saw memoirs of a geisha last night, the very last chance we had, the last day of her holidays, it was alright, very good in places, too long and too hollywood in others places, she'd read the book and so wanted to see how it translated... the shoes were great...

we've also been watching the league of gentlmen, the first series of which is on VHS in the TV room, i've borrowed the 2nd & 3rd series on DVD from a friend of a friend... not always funny but pretty compulsive... the last episode we saw was actually very funny, an audition in which a woman has to say a line to get an advertisement job, i can't describe why, but the way she says the line is just pure comedy gold...

also the way those 3 actors produce so many different characters...

No comments: