Tuesday, March 07, 2006

not right but not all wrong

rained for my journey in to work today...

and my current technique for dealing with the rain while cycling is not wearing the hat, but wearing the ear warmers...

this because the hat may get damaged...

the whole issue of my trousers...

this led me, a few weeks ago, to talk about my wet trousers with my students over in hammersmith, i'd cycled in, it had rained... take it from me, 16 - 17 year old students don't want to talk to their teachers about wet trousers, cue awkward silence...

anyway, once in work today, feeling soggy, i was able to feel slighted by something one of the other teachers said, about something they were'nt prepared to put up with, something which i do put up with, amazing how powerful the feeling of being taking for granted is once it's awakened...

then just now one of my housemates raised his voice in a slightly unpleasant way to me and i realise that i'm just not in the right space today...

nothing too terrible i just shouldn't be speaking to people...

oh and my phone has been cut off, so that's helpful... the universe assisting me in not talking to people...

of course i had a very funny chat with spski before this other housemate came into the room, but then that is the wonder of spski, even when i'm a little wrong i'm not too wrong for him...

and waking up with my G this morning was a blessed, blessed thing...

one of those days when people are either good or bad for you, after the meeting at work, me in my slighted damp state, i walked with producer G to the cafe and he pretty much made me alright just by being normal with me... i'm looking forward to meeting him on friday and checking out how we might work together musically...

i'm disappearing under my duvet now...

x

1 comment:

trave said...

I cannot overstate the wonders of owning a pair of waterproof overtrousers!

I got a wet backside yesterday cycling to work (oh! for mudguards!) but today wore my incredible waterproof overtrousers. Wow. Nice and dry was I! (From the waist down anyway.)

Bought these in some outdoors-type shop while camping in Cumbria a couple of years ago. Fantastic they are. You should get some.