Saturday, February 04, 2006

slightly bruised

went down south for G's birthday, he who records me... felt all very easy, cycling down to kingscross thameslink then 25 minutes to tulse hill, then 5 minutes to the place...

had a nice couple of hours, a couple of bombay sapphire gins, some good company...

got back on the bike heading home for the party feeling on top of things, powerful, you know, cool, a little drunk, but the drunk that gin gives you, sophisticated...

anyway, got to kingscross and the area just decided to do me in a bit... not much, just a bit...

walking up the stairs with the bike under my arm, a patch of water on a landing and i slipped, didn't fall far, landed on the bike which stood up... just hurt my hand a little and was shaken...

concern from fellow passengers...

then out onto the streets and i haven't done that route for a little while so i'm thinking a fair bit, see a street which i at first dismiss but then decide to go for, a sharp turn on an icy road...

this time on the floor...

again nothing too serious, just a little bruising, upset...

cycled home carefully, got in, the beats pumping from down below, just had a shower...

my beautiful cat balthazara here where her food is for the party... loving me in that way she has, when i need a little feline love...

about to get dressed and find that party feeling... must be here somewhere...

x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is never a good idea to cycle when drunk!

One of the differences between Irish-English and English-English is that in Irish-English you would never ever use the word "floor" when describing the ground/street/pavement etc. etc. Hope you are not too bruised.

ganching

trave said...

ow. hope your injuries are restricted to bruises! ice can be a bugger, even when sober. I could start reminiscing about old cycling injuries, but I don't think it would help, particularly ;)

(but I do remember a time we were out cycling with Matt & Si - at the rec I think - and my bike kinda slipped out from under me on some mud...)

Anonymous said...

there's just something about a bit of feline love that soothes the soul, don't you think.