Friday, February 24, 2006

big gay sad light comic kissing poo

so which film do you think i saw this afternoon?

that takes care of the 1st three words of my title...

very moving, made me cry in a way that hurt me, you know, constricting the throat kind of pain,

the music was great, i'm beginning to take the chip off my shoulder about rufus wainright... the chip had nothing to do with his being gay, i didn't even know, it was because he was all over the place a little while back and i thought...

i don't know, chips being chips, often stupid,

i was great at work today, my last three hour friday, now they're only going to be 90 minutes... which is both rubbish and great...

my apprentice, lovely M (who made that beautiful track with me a little while ago) had a hard time of it and i found a way forward without losing him...

i also found a more ghetto way of wearing the hat... more ghetto and warmer... the warmth being more motivation than the ghetto, although the ghetto does amuse me... (one of those words, the more you say ghetto it starts to sound odd...) anyway it was the suggestion of one of my students, who has the same name as felinity as chance would have it...

i'd taken the train in, disasterous return to public transport as my bike got a puncture yesterday in the rain and i didn't fix it straight away, also was carrying something in for producer G and snow was threatened...

and so after work i strolled along to the river, popped in to the tate modern, saw mapping the studio 2 by bruce naumann which A had recomended to me after seeing my films, i could see why he'd mentioned it to me, at first i wasn't really up for it but after awhile i became intrigued, it's a series of video's of naumann's studio at night, certain things like moths, or rats, caught my attention... it made me wonder if i'd be up for my films in a gallery setting... and also made me want to see them in a gallery setting, in fact in that gallery, which is where i saw a great piece of video work by someone of people diving into water... slowed down, reversed...

today was one of those amazing light days... i found myself singing the words i'd written for E years back, to the tune of my ship (an old jazz standard on miles ahead, one of the gil evans/miles davis albums):

the kind of light that we had today,
teaches me freedom inside,
that i can feel that and still.. i'm yours... you are mine...
i take a sign...


still feel it, and it warms me to my love G these days in the same way.. not that she's getting any 2nd hand song from me... her tune will come...

so anyway i stooged around there for awhile, either side of the river, over the millenium bridge, many pictures, much filming... looking back on it i'm thirsty for a new camera, just for video, the stills that this beast gives me are great, and the video has been a revelation, but i want better definition video... probably a little jealous of felinity's new camera, and mum's actually as well...

also looked back just now at the video i took when grace was here, us reading the three little pigs together... her noticing the similarities in that and the billy goat's gruff book, the same publisher, the same series... although the billy goat's one is better, and not just because i got it for her, this three little pigs is too verbose...

on the video is us putting her jumper on her legs, to which she said:

we need to put the zip at the poo!

poo a constant theme these last few days, from the threat on the train from brighton of: i'm going to poo on your shoulder, to the threat just before she left of: i'm going to eat your poo!

oh and the comic kissing... i am so excited... questionable content feels just like moonlighting all of a sudden...

x

2 comments:

felinity said...

I must know how you're wearing the hat! I'm intrigued about how you can wear it in a ghetto fashion. Tell me tell me.

trave said...

hey longcat,

we've used the agar agar (agar powder), and it doesn't taste of seaweed at all!

M made some chocolate creams, and they set in minutes! Yum yum yum yum yum.

I also am intrigued about how you can wear a wooly hat in a ghetto fashion. We need photos!

x