Wednesday, June 01, 2005

tea the ice is singing sleep

drinking my first cup of tea of the day, at 5:45 pm, which is frankly wrong...

woke up too late to have my customary cup, had to jump straight in the shower and then off to work, the cup of tea i made myself last night before i napped for an hour which i didn't drink teasing me with it's presence, how much of my stability do i derive from my cup of tea?

anyway i'm sipping it now, curiously cold day, i'm going to have to start reading the weather forecasts more, only just decided to wear my coat today over my t-shirt, how cold it turned out...

wednesdays for me at the minute are about hammersmith college, in fact barons court station, the 30 minute tube journey there and back giving me a big stretch of reading, finished the ice is singing today, really good, nice to have a random book buy be quality, must look out for another jane rogers... affected me a fair bit this one, all about children, parenting, a good writer...

so i can't decide if it's going to be the next wole soyinka one or the thomas bernard memoir i started rereading then lost a month or so back... (oh i so love tea...)

tea came up last night in conversation about language, edge was talking with catalan E about words, about how there isn't an english word for pistachio, we just use the italian, and i suggested that there isn't an english word because it doesn't grow in england, it's not native, so we started checking out if there were any foods/drinks that were not native to england but had an english name...

tea?

but tea is a derivation of cha, the chinese name for it... apparently...

anyway, i got to work with 20p in my pocket, went to the cashpoint directly outside the college which had a runtime error window hiding the centre of the screen. so it took me longer to work out what was going on when it swallowed my card, because i've been sent another card in the post this month and that one had expired...

so 20p was to last me... but D from work lent me enough for my lunch and i made it home so no biggy, but it did mean i had to come straight home, no passing go, no collecting £200... half intended to go the pictures tonight...

and how am i this scatty today?

because i staill haven't caught up properly on my sleep since monday night when i had a real sleepless one, ran off to work (again no tea) on tuesday morning and was really out there with my headspace... just another experiential lesson in sleeplessness and why i should avoid it...

so enough of this random post... i have requested an interview and i must burrow myself away to consider my responses...

x

No comments: