Saturday, June 25, 2005

loving

loving justine by lawrence durrell, this, the second time round the block for me & the alexandria quartet, just fantastic writing...

and i'm loving chet baker, soulseek has been busy all day bringing me truckloads of the man, i'm still looking for the last great concert which i heard the first time i ever did special K with a couple of trumpeters from my bluesband workshop years ago, the floor bending at wierd angles and chet's scarred, beautiful voice floating over strings and a sea of tenderness...

chet, from handsome baby-faced innocent vulnerable to haggard beaten up junkie vulnerable... hmmmmmm, yes please...

and a tiny sketch of my afternoon, coming back from waitrose, crossing over that big road in the one way bit there, the next set of lights just changing, having plenty of time to get accross and appreciating the moment, cars accelerating towards me...

x

No comments: