Monday, June 06, 2005

new bike circling

it's got one gear, it cost me £10, it wasn't stolen,

D who lives with P, salvaging battered bikes and selling them, he's sold me this little one for now and when he's finished the one i want i'm going to sell this one back to him...

i cycled down to kings cross thameslink, then got the train to blackfriars, then hopped over the river by the tate modern and got to work real easy.

after work i went over to the salad bar @ TAZ and then wended my way along the river, discovering that it's not that effective cycling along the beach, crossing the river by the north/east hungerford bridge and finding my tentative way up to kingscross again, managing to get lost from there back to mine (even though i'd done that bit of the journey earlier), found once i got home that i'd done a tiny circle around the top of york way, half familiar roads leading me the wrong way... (how many different hilldrop roads are there - meaning the crescents, the streets, the drives..?)

so now i'm home i've got the requisite cycle maps and tomorrow's journey will be a great deal more directed, spski lending me his cycling knowledge, kingscross altogether the wrong part of town, staying in the east i'll be...

so now i'm planning to have a bath (or tomorrow my legs will shout at me), K's getting me a tiny bit of chocolate fomr the shop... it's amazing how much cycling takes it out of you when you're not accustomed to it...

x

No comments: