Thursday, April 21, 2005

compression boring tech post

compressing 15Gb of audio files so that i can completely clear my C drive, so that i can format it and start filling it up again is taking 4 hours... winrar politely putting it all into 700Mb bits so that i can burn them to CD's...

so i went to the rarely used TV room and caught a great program about making birchbark canoes... really nice to see ray mears building it with some old canadian guy, native canadians?... i phoned spski who was in the basement and he came and joined me for this televisual spectacle...

spski has recently obtained two barstools for this basement, for the bar in particular, he got them from someone who needs them every april (early april, 12 months now), on the condition that we provide the owner with a picture of spski riding them home on his bike... which we duly took this early evening... maybe post one of the blurrier ones here...

and now i'm munching toast and wandering what to do... an insane business because there is probably just enough things i want & need to do to occupy me until a sensible bedtime... but i spend so much time in front of my computer that it seems wierd spending time not at my computer...

also odd to have that timeframe... 4 hours... to know that i can't use my computer for 4 hours... time normally passes in it's own uneven way, i love my life most when i'm not thinking of how much time i have left...

anyway, compression continues, my beard really needs trimming, my cat loves me... i love her... life is pretty good..

x

No comments: