Wednesday, September 24, 2008

it's in my nose

i took the precaution of popping down to jai krishna's with my keyboard on my back last early evening and i think their wonderful food moved it along...

it had been in my throat for a few days,

it made me about 10 minutes late for my 1st rehearsal with spanner jazz punks, an 8 piece band run by D spanner, 5 horns up front and keys, bass, drums behind...

the tenor player was missing, and of the remaining 7, 2 of them were me & D,

leaving 5 new to me, of which i already knew 2...

one of whom was sox, he of leaving CM fame, for awhile he's been the longest surviving old school Cmer, but with him gone the mantle falls to me now... strange title...

i now D and him go back quite away so it wasn't much of a leap...

but the other one i know used to be in my blues workshop many, many years ago...

it was my 1st ever teaching job and i did it for maybe 3/4 years... around the time i was still in hotel full of cops... he played cornet in that band, but he's a trombone player now... strangely similar facial hair to me, although his moustache keeps going when it reaches the chin and goes in opposite directions to the ears...

i've found a new provider for my internet video hosting...

a french group called dailymotion who've been around apparently since before youtube...

they offer better definition than either youtube or googlevideo and although i like the idea of keeping all the improvisations in one place, googlevideo have been getting worse over the last few months in terms of bugs and irritating things...

so here's the LHC from a couple of weeks back in the new place:



in particular i like how the longcat icon is better defined in this version, the sound might be better too...

i'm going to have a period of uploading to both while i check out how dailymotion do it, but i think this is where i'm heading x

No comments: