Tuesday, September 23, 2008

glass books god daughter

rather typically i arrived at victoria with only moments to spare and as i was buying a ticket i could see my train pulling away,

meaning that i had 30 minutes to wait so i locked up the bike and went into smiths to get grace a book...

roald dahl compendium... too small writing it turned out, me forever thinking she's older/cleverer than she is...

got onto the train about 10 minutes before it was due to go and got out the glass books of the dream eaters which i've borrowed from floopy and is to be honest even more addictive than half-life 2 was last week...

pleasingly the main character of the 1st chapter got onto a train and just as my own train started moving, so did hers... i found myself looking around me to compare her surroundings to mine but there was no comparison... i did however really enjoy looking out of the window, at the sunlight on the grand buildings around victoria, very much bringing to mind half-life 2 somehow...

i found myself thinking how good it all looked - a moment away from thinking how realistic it all looked,

this reality sure is realistic...

anyway the train pulled into brighton eventually and i cycled along the undercliff path to the beach where it was going on... the only really out of towner this time...

fellow godparent S, josiah of course, her M, S's R, (& H, O, D) H 13 now and asking if he could ride my bike... of course i let him...

josiah's friend P and her R & C...

lovely time... much red wine drunk...

watching the sun set into the sea...

grace wonderful, couldn't quite believe that she's 5 now...

then back to josiah & grace's and some time more or less with grace, R & C... at one point walking around josiah's living room with all three of them dangling from me... so glad grace is in my life and very happy she's so accepting of me even though i only see her about once a year these days...

No comments: