Monday, June 04, 2007

improvisations

spent yesterday in tin pan alley studio (denmark street) recording for T... it was a long day and i hadn't slept much the night before but recording music is a beautiful thing and i gave it all i had...

carrying the keyboard home killed me a little and what with the whole lack of sleep thing that i'd been keeping at bay hitting me all at once when i got in i was a bit of a wreck...

but the day was great, meeting S, the engineer and owner of the studio, was really nice, he has a great attitude in the studio, made the whole thing work very well...

also playing with the band, including K who has recently joined as our drummer... very good stuff...

as a band we played 4 tracks, then afterwards i went over three of them overdubbing a piano track, and being as we were there and these lovely mics were already set up on the grand piano i decided to do my weekly improvisation there as well, with T & S's permission...

but by then my camera had run out of batteries and i didn't have any on me, feeling too broke to buy some specially... which maybe now i regret... maybe not...

so i recorded an improvisation anyway, it's just not video'd so isn't week 51...

it's 6 minutes long and it's sitting over there on my pace right now if you want to hear it...

i'm listening to week 11 of my weekly improvisation and although it would take 11 hours 6 minutes to listen to the entirety of my weekly improvisation up to now i am doing it, probably not all in one go...

No comments: