Saturday, May 28, 2005

one more tune

don cherry had a varied spectrum of music with his albums, eternal rhythm was an improvised madness album, hear & NOW is funk... & that's what i'm listening to now, getting all kinds of great music from soulseek today, just sitting here playing chess and watching it all come down... i was getting a bit tired of what my shuffle held yesterday, so it's mostly change today...

chesswise i went against my principles last night and played while really drunk... that lost me a game today, careful maneuvering in the last few days to get a foothold on one of my games, wasted with a careless drunken move last night, letting the enemy hordes in under my nose...

the baby birds died in a shoebox, in case you don't read the comments and care about their fate...

i started watching an american in paris this afternoon, i was videoing it but i wanted to see the beginning, fatal, i kept waiting for just one more tune from that lovely score, the gershwins... made me think about going to the last herbie hancock gig where he's playing gershwin... wonder when that is,

and i almost went to the pictures (again) to see either it's all gone pete tong or starwars, i had it all planned, i'd watch x men on tv (which i did - great), then i'd head over to the holly O, but soulseek & chess kept me rooted to this chair for the last few hours... oh well...

oh and i've found my camera again, T found it for me in the bathroom (?) but i missed so many things the weeks it was gone, the icehockey match, grace & josiah's visit, the gig on monday night, herbie hancock's gig last week,

i had it with me yesteray and i took mainly video's of the late sun moving over the surface of the thames... nice to have it back...

x

No comments: