Saturday, May 21, 2005

half asleep hallucinations

it's been quite the week for me what with one thing and another, my early night last night turned into dinner @ dr K's place, E & bo there too, really nice, dr K only there for a week and a half so still very new and shiny, a big contrast to the cluttered, homely feel of birdbath road where we're still missing her...

i guess i drank a few different drinks and when i got into bed they all jostled within me, nothing terrible, just an unsettled sleep, blathazara came in amongst it all and was very sweet, anyway, i'm drifting between sleeping and waking at one part of the night and i can see pictures on my PC monitor...

as an aside, before i make this clear... i mislaid my camera about a week ago, it must be here in this room but i just haven't seen it, the iceberg effect of my room has taken it and will give it back when it's ready, days, weeks, years later, (also some of my chess pieces seem to have gone with it...)

so last night somehow in my dreamy state i thought the spaniards might have it, the catalonians to be more precise, they were here last weekend when it went missing, they were here last night, (crazy, smoky drinking session that was going on when i got in, i didn't join them...), somehow i thought one of them had my camera and was busy downloading images into my computer, giving the camera back...

the images had that flickering, like many pictures had been taken of the same scene, one after each other, the scene was of some kind of cafe, a table with a parasol, friends... so i'm trying to work out who is at my computer, but it becomes apparent there is noone there, but the pictures are definately there... i look closely and they collapse down into the flashing green light which my monitor has when i don't turn it off...

and thinking back on it now, i didn't have my glasses on or contacts in, i couldn't have seen the detail that i saw... not that this is any great surprise, it's clearly the product of my brain, taking that blurry light flashing on and off and projecting whatever my unconscious fancies...

it's happened a few times before, but this time was the first time there were pictures, it's generally been intricate patterns that i've woken up looking at, which have turned out to be the flashing light...

the sleep of a longcat,

x

No comments: