Thursday, November 17, 2005

strange noises

left my london bridge work to come over to my hammersmith work, a cycle journey by the thames and through several parks... very beautiful today it was too, but i'm getting ahead of myself... just as i came up behind the tate modern i heard and felt this very strange noise coming from my bike...

i stopped (as you do) and the noise stopped...

after a little experimentation i found out that it happened sometimes when i freewheeled... somewhere inside the gear hub of my back wheel... the mysterious holder of the key to more gears, or less gears if i'm unlucky...

after awhile of cycling it stopped doing it, my last thought was that it had something to do with the cold, and when my journey had warmed up...?

but a scary sound, like metal chewing into metal, can't be a good thing...

i'm about to cycle back now from hammersmith to finsbury park, tired... it will be properly dark as well now by the time i get to the canal... maybe find another route...

a little sad today because something beautiful came to an end last night... in my morning lesson part of the time was spent listening to the students music, many minutes listening and not talking... mind free to ponder...

x

No comments: