Tuesday, November 29, 2005

headache squeeze random cyclist

the headache is today,

the squeeze is spread over a couple of months now,

the random cyclist yesterday...

not too much to say about the headache, just that it's there, coupled with an aching back that could be a result of the marathon lord of the rings fest we did on sunday (oh... haven't blogged that... hmmm), or could be related to the headache, also felt a little sick earlier...

so i hope i'm not coming down with anything big and nasty... i'll let you know...

then the random cyclist... i met him as i was cycling down on the river, decided to cross by the hungerford bridge, the south facing one... i could see that someone had called the lift already, could see it descending from the other side of it, i cycled around to the front and it was Ch... random cyclist who i'd met on the way to a restaurant very close to there actually where i was meeting felinity & dad a couple of weeks ago...

i'd reached the euston road on my way to the south bank and i was waiting at the traffic lights, wandering how i was going to get there, only a rough idea of the route.. he cycled up beside me and started looking closely at my bike, the wheels, the lights... asked me how much my front light cost me and how big my wheels were... the lights changed and i said goodbye and cycled off, i looked back a minute or two later and he was there, keeping up with me...

so i asked him where he was going and he said chinatown, not too far from my destination i thought, so i asked him to lead the way... which i love, following someone else's route... took me almost to waterloo bridge... i thanked him and we parted...

yesterday i asked him his name to verify that it was the same man... as we got into the lift with our bicycles he didn't remember me but after awhile, crossing over the bridge he did remember me, we spoke about all kinds of crazy things...

condoms, sex, lesbians, chinese philosophy, lao-tze, blood groups, bicycle tires, hands...

i hope to see him again, two random meetings in a town this big, in just under two weeks... odd cycling companion...

and then my squeeze... not to say much about it, just that it's going on and it's been going on, sometimes more off than on, for a little while now...

she's really nice...

x

No comments: