Wednesday, January 31, 2007

playing with voices

it's possible my ipod shuffle died today... i was thinking about using different people's voices in my improvisation and i emptied the shuffle so i could play the voices through it and it... well... i don't know, it doesn't look good now but you never know, it may come round...

so i did use the voices, william burroughs, hakim bey, archie shepp, daniel pinchbeck, neil young...

speaking, although william burroughs was also taking a tape recording of his voice and pushing it backwards and forwards over the tape head... well... it was the 60's - or maybe the 70's...

the improvisation was the 32nd in the weekly series, i've just watched it... the voices work well... i think...

google is being weird, it's been uploading for half an hour and it's got almost nowhere, so i won't be putting it in this post...

it's the longest of the improvisations @ 27.44 minutes, i wonder if anyone will have the patience for it...

mind you, unless it's another symptom of google's weirdness (which it probably is) it looks as if 92 people watched my 3rd cutup film yesterday and 138 people watched last week's improvisation... yesterday... all in all the report tells me that my videos were watched 1969 times... yesterday!

either i've suddenly got a lot more popular or google is suffering from something... the improvisation blanket page over on my newly updated longcat.net has been behaving strangely yesterday and today...?

...

T came round today for some help with his HTML... i told him what i know which is something but not much... in fact my HTML knowledge should be increasing fairly soon being as i now have longcat.net to play with... tinkering with HTML for blogger or myspace has kept me fairly well oiled but most of the work is done by their respective templates...

my own blank website...

maybe i'll reluctantly get a piece of software to do it for me...

ok, big day tomorrow...

x

No comments: