Wednesday, January 10, 2007

broadcasting to noone



when i did my online gig just before new year i had 2 online audience members, today i broadcast my 29th weekly improvisation through the same system and got no audience members whatsoever, noone online, and noone in the room with me...

which is exactly how i normally do it... there have been two improvisations with audience, the one in the online gig and the one in that gig in early december... all other improvisations - all 27 of them - have been solitary affairs, me & my instruments, my camera videoing and my computer recording...

but there's something quite melancholy about inviting an audience and getting noone...

it's my own fault, i only started spreading the word about it last night, just like the online gig only sending out a mypace bulletin that day about it... i need to get better at getting my audiences for these online things...

i still intend to broadcast the improvisations each week but i don't know how many no audience broadcasts i can do without giving up on it... which would be foolish... but it's easy saying that now... 10 weeks and no audience later would feel very different...

so today's improvisation is uploading now... also the video of the online gig is currently converting to DIVX to make it even vaguely small enough to upload later on...

la la la... things happening in my computer that i just have to wait for...

ok, the video uploaded, as you'll know as it's at the top of this post now...

other than the improvisation today i did a couple of cool things, the first of which was to teach a piano lesson first thing...

i was really asleep when B rang me for directions to my house... but she'd been awake since 3:30 am, driving an hour to the airport in germany, catching a flight to london, travelling to finsbury park station... only to hear my nowhere voice emerging from dreams 5 & a half hours after she'd got out of bed...

good to do, my first one to one piano lesson for awhile, i intend to get back into it and build up a few different students... (do you live in north london...? do you want lessons?)

and the other thing was to cycle down to the canada memorial to resume filming for the water & memory film... strange business as when i arrived the water was turned off, blue skies and clouds reflecting off the smooth surface that is normally covered in cascading ripples...

i'll have to find out what the deal is... i don't like it, even though it gives a great contrast for the film...

afterwards i cycled over to waterloo bridge to play A @ chess... very windy it... we only played one game (we used to always play 3) and i won...

(of course)

x

No comments: