Monday, December 11, 2006

day after soup & week 25



last monday i went over to the landlord's & finished off the soup from the gig the night before...

today i went down to my own kitchen and finished off the soup from the gig last night...

T, dinah's mum, did a reading of her poetry in our front room... Wfloopy(shaman) did a little piece on the guitar as an intro...

it was very good, her poetry is right up my street... the poems are all taken from a collection of hers called bone woman & other tasty morsels dealing with dark subjects, old fairy tales, crones, the like...

T also cooked the soup which we consumed after the reading.. (& today)

as you can see i did an improvisation today, just using my sm58 mic going through the ROLAND space echo that still lives in this house (but for how long?), so my voice & my piano swathed in that beautiful tape delay... long though - 17 minutes -

and then i've been thinking about my hard drives, so much information going through them... my main drive (MURAKAMI) is due for a defrag and it tells me it needs 15% of the drive free to do it's defrag properly so i've been archiving like a mad thing to get that much space on there...

just now it's burning one last archive onto DVD then i should be able to set it defragging before i go out to T's rehearsal,

it's been a long time since i last defragged and i have no idea how long it will take... the 5 or so hours i'll be out? all night? several days?

i hope you like the improvisation...

x

No comments: