Saturday, December 25, 2004

seinfeld elf

a small bit of christmas intrigue when i said to K (sis) that my only fear was that she had got me the same present that i got her...

this small frisson turned into intense curiousity as she started feeling the width of my present to her, the next stage was logic, i reached my conclusion as to my present and she worked out what hers was...

today we discovered that we were right, and i have to say she did better than me, elf was fantastic when we saw it last christmas but seinfeld is a long distance winner, just tried to watch the first episode (of series 3) but the christmasy banter and noise meant we had to abort, seinfeld far too serious to be misheard...

other DVD plans this christmas include the remaining episodes of spaced, maybe harvey, the james stewart film that i got for my mum, and really want to see....

i miss P,

spent a lovely night with my old friend M, blewbury resident, smoking a narguille, drinking, although i'm still in low gear with drinking, even over christmas, spoke to josiah & grace while playing the piano, got a nice little something going that comes from a slightly mathematical place...

and i finished saramago's The History of the Seige of Lisbon on the train here, lovely, absolutely stunning in parts, i've started The Book of Disquiet by fellow portugeuse author Fernando Pessoa, bought for me originally by E, never read all the way through, round two.

x

No comments: