Thursday, December 30, 2004

home again

lying awake last night in my sister K's house, (why doesn't she have a proper pseudonym?, (is that how you spell that word?)), worrying about my friend bo because of something josiah had said at her drunkest on tuesday night (alongside threatening to kill P if she hurts me... several times), i got out of bed (another K in K's house, not there and kindly let me sleep in her bed), popped down to get my arnica from my coat pocket, did a couple, then went back to bed and read a little of the pessoa book.

it struck me that if there had been blogging in 1930's portugal then he would have been a blogger, The Book of Disquiet is written as though it were a blog, roughly 450 entries, not really relating to each other, no story that unfolds, just many, many moments, very beautiful, last night as i couldn't sleep the entries concerned not sleeping, (by coincidence)...

i came to K's straight from Brighton where i'd been visiting with grace & josiah with P, josiah had been spending christmas staying in the house of Y & M, Y being a teacher i work with on fridays, grace called me uncle R when we arrived in Brighton, just once or perhaps twice, then reverted to Wa Ha for the rest of the trip. she can walk, very unsteadily, but she can do it, i think she walks a little like a scarecrow.

P had never seen a pebbled beach before...

me & K went for brunch today in wandsworth and had we had time we would certainly have walked upon the common which was very inviting, we saw shaun of the dead & elf last night on DVD, they were great, it was lovely to see K, hope to walk on commons with her in the future.

and i saw E this afternoon, cups of tea and then gin, left me a little melancholy, drifted around town getting a few things, fell into a conversation in a sainsburies because i was playing chess on my phone, a game called chess buddy which i downloaded for the princely sum of £3 yesterday on the train, i've beaten it twice it's beaten me (at least) twice, it's on easy mode,

P beat me at chess!

on monday night, the first time, we've been playing on gameknot alot and her rating has gone right down because i keep beating her, she's learning fast..

glad to be home,

x

No comments: