Tuesday, February 10, 2009

yr3wk34 drums, rhodes, piano


yr3wk34 drums, rhodes, piano from longcat on Vimeo.

yesterday dinah brought me a cup of tea in the morning, i was very asleep...

she woke me a little later to tell me it was at the right temperature to drink... i woke up enough to take a sip, then i was holding the mug of tea in my hand and i leant my head back down on the pillow and started to drift off...

now...

you can see where this story is going... but it didn't quite happen like you'd expect...

i started to fall into that halfway point between sleeping and waking, where dreams come and can be very vivid...

and in my dream i knew i was holding a cup of something.. and for some reason i chose to tip it all out...

and so in real life i did indeed tip all the rest of that tea (thankfully i had had a sip of it) onto the floor and partly into one of my booty/slippers...

i immediately woke up properly and laughed because it was so daft, while at the same time i had that sadness of a lost tea... quite apart from the fact that one of my booty/slippers was not at all wearable...

this improvisation at the top of this post is from last thursday, it's been a mental time in between then and now and it's taken me this long to get it together, but there it is, me & DS on the drums...

pretty hot i reckon...

me, T & S did in the end make it down to bristol to pick up the new computer which is right now in a cardboard box in the centre of this room...

we went on saturday... made it over to gloucester also to see the guy we bought the mixing desk off (he had a few more cables and a couple of spare Z80 chips for the desk to give us)... on the way back we stopped in on mum & dad in blewbury and mum made us all a lovely meal, curry...

really lovely to see them and it was a very valuable pitstop for the 3 of us, we hadn't eaten for many hours and were flagging by then...

the computer is going to be amazing... a mac G5 with 8 Gb of RAM... very exciting, our studio is going to be great...

last night i popped over to a man called C's house to check out some acoustic panels that he's got hold of... probably tomorrow the same 3 of us will be hiring a van, picking up 10 of these panels, the new computer & my suitcase rhodes and taking them down to the kennington studio..

times are afoot x

No comments: