Tuesday, February 03, 2009

thaw

popped out to go the cafe, then i went over to floopy's, to pick up something, nice to see him, dragged him kicking and screaming into the 21st century by insisting that he get skype...

then once i left him, navigating through the thawing snow & ice on the roads on my bicycle, tricky stuff, i put my camera onto my bike handle bars to catch it all...

i've just watched it and it's alright... a little bit too jerky... must find a way...

anyway, i went over to the park, the same as yesterday, to see the difference...

i was videoing mostly so i didn't take that many pictures... in fact only the one at the top of this post on my camera, the other 3 came from my phone camera...

the lake was completely frozen over and i put my camera on the ice to get that kind of shot... like i did once before on the canal... only that time it was my old camera and i just put the camera itself on the ice (which started to sink almost immediately)...

this time the new camera was on the gorrila tripod thing that floopy & T gave me for christmas (the large version - as opposed to the small version which dad gave me last christmas and which lasted about 6 months)...

all the while i was continuing the john martyn marathon listen... through "one world" and into "solid air"... beautiful stuff... with a short stop off in this piece i recorded this afternoon called moog ritual... probably will be part of something else later on but i love it in it's current form...

oh and i saw moses jones last night on BBC2 and it was really good... (as was this neil young concert from a couple of nights back) - those links will last for a week (slightly less with neil young)...

x

No comments: