Sunday, May 25, 2008

ubuntu working

so finally, i think i've cracked it, thanks to this piece of advice, i'm currently in the new computer (still XP) which is getting internet from the old computer running ubuntu...

windows is a little stupid sometimes, after i had made it work, but before i'd rebooted my new computer (which is what makes it work here) my googlemail notifier in my new computer worked... but firefox didn't...

anyway it all works now, just have to sort out the soundcard in ubuntu, then once i can capture video like i can in vegas (which is one of the more important functions of the old computer - apart from networking)... maybe i'll kiss XP goodbye on that computer...

but how sad that sounds... it will make me much happier to say... i'm kissing goodbye to XP altogether... but for now cubase & vegas in XP rule my life...

in other news a lovely ex-student of mine had a look at the 100th and was surprised to see john sinclair there, the same weekend that he met john, (being today)... i'm not sure what the connection is but these people in my past life who turn up in strange places in my current life... it's great...

the wire continues to be great, i've got 5 series to get through in all and i just hope they're all as good as this 1st one...

x

No comments: