Sunday, May 11, 2008

change & refuge

started writing a new tune today, it came from my noisy neighbours and my desire to not hear them... so i started playing a cycle of 5ths on the rhodes, half of the 12 5th's...

and it's definitely a refuge of some kind for me, not just from their noise but also from what it is in me that responds to that noise in a negative way...

and firefox... firefox that i have loved... open source wonderment that it is... has got some kind of bug in the last version that sends me back a page when i scroll up with the mousewheel...

and it means i'm considering moving over to internet explorer which i really don't want to do...

also my old computer is behaving a bit strangely and i'm tempted to just move the whole thing... all 80 gigs of it, over to my new hard drive and just start again, maybe install linux... but will vegas run on linux?

and lastly "kill point" which virgin have given to me, or at least the 1st 9 eppisodes of the 1st series, so i need to find out if the 1st series has only 9 episodes or not... it's a way for virgin to get me to try there "on demand" system which costs something over and above what i pay now... like i need more tv in my life...

oh and singing in unison with a drone... i've started rereading the 1st few chapters of harmonic experience... the book i bought all those years ago and stopped reading because i wasn't doing the practise, well with the harmonium that N has lent to me i can begin the practise and i hope to build up the genuine experience of singing the original intervals that relate to the harmonic series so that i can move forward in the book...

i could probably move forward anyway without the practise but i'd love to do it properly, i so love this writer and his ideas... i believe in him and this way... and i think it's about time i did it...

so that's pretty much all my personal on my own style stuff... of course there are other people in my world... my beautiful dinah has gone off to the liberal synagogue for a ceremony to do with 60 years since israel was created...being the liberal synagogue there'll be some awareness of the problems over there and israel's part in it... i guess...

and last night felinity turned 28, oh sister mine, we drank in a pub that is on my route into town... her G, also E & K who used to live with her and a whole bunch of LJers... very nice it was too... balmy night... i had my 1st bulmers cider.. great company...

x

No comments: