Tuesday, January 15, 2008

new soundcard

ok, so today i was meant to go over to bongoP's to talk search&reflect and improvise, but last night i got hold of the audio for the improvisation below and i stayed up until 4 sorting it out... and my plan was to get up and do the paperwork i needed to do today before heading out and i just couldn't get out of bed early enough...

so i rang P and we rescheduled, i slowly got on with the paperwork and tried not to look over at the new soundcard that arrived this morning (i bought it on ebay over the weekend)...

now, paperwork done, i've plugged it in and tried something else as well and so far i have two disappointments...

my old computer and my new computer have different kinds of RAM... so if i want more RAM for mimi (it wasn't me that named her that) i have to go and buy it, instead of just taking it off of.. the old one, (see, no name, i'm not a naming computer kind of person)...

and then i plug in my nice mic to the new soundcard and nothing happens, so i look online, and lo and behold it doesn't supply phantom power, which is only relatively minor, i can plug mics through my desk which has ample phantom power, i just wanted to see it work right away...

but watch this space, i can now, (once i'm wired up properly) record up to 8 inputs at once and this is getting me very excited x

No comments: