Wednesday, November 24, 2004

top noshed for the last time

saw the owner, thanked him for great falafel over the years, at least i'll walk out of here on my own two feet, he told me, i ate the falafel, drank the tea which always retains some taste of spice after the falafel,

i finished the book i was reading snow by maxence fermine, the first of a trilogy of novellas i've borrowed from sp, (i finished the second one when i woke up today, the top nosh experience was yesterday), decided i had to go home to pick up another book, i had not much time before i was teaching in the evening, i got up to pay and speak to the owner once more, then on my way back to my table to get my coat i saw...

steve noble, who i blogged only recently as the drummer who was accompanying the cabinet of dr caligari when i saw it for the first time, he reminded me it was elton dean playing sax with him that day, he said he'd seen someone from my college only the other day, he'd been in a drum shop that's closing down just round the corner from us and ramjac and M R had walked in, nice to close the loop with your college he said, meeting me being the closing coincidence,

i told him top nosh was shutting, we spoke about other local cafes, told him about the lebanese place on leather lane, he told me about a new vegetarian thai place on leather lane... nice, great player,

odd/nice to have that coincidence on my last visit there.

x

No comments: