Sunday, October 10, 2004

thankyou G

so maybe you'll think bad of me for this?

i went out into the world to eat something tonight, jai was my chosen venue, even had a lovely conversation with a new friend on the way there, jai shut, so la porchetta got my business, read some of this huge huge book that me & K are reading and ate.

and how did i pay for it?

this is the thing, concerned as i am that i may have trouble lasting til payday i was also tidying my room today in preparation for grace's stay here tomorrow, i came accross a pot that belongs to G, previous occupant of this room. actually 2 whole shelves of this stuff remains here, it's been awhile (a year?) and i may chuck it out one of these days.

anyway the pot, one of those pots many of us have with small change, my pot, (well, i created the pot today, it was a part of my desk) has pennies, twopennies and 5-pence pieces in it, never amounts to much. G's pot however has the aforementioned, plus 10-pence pieces, 20-pence pieces, 50-pence pieces and pound coins!?!

plus francs from a couple of different countries, euros, dollars... plus sundry small items, like yet to be developed film, a magnifying glass (ish), two nail clippers...

well let me tell you that in these (slightly) lean times this is a find. a small amount of expeditionary digging gave me enough for my pizza. just the knowledge that i have that kind of buffer, when my bank says no sir! i can exist for a few days on this pot, also that i have to look for it, it's not just there, i have to sit down and sort...

so thankyou G for your past diligence. who knows, maybe i'll keep a note of it and give it to you back in more minted times...?

i resigned in a match against G a couple of days ago, not like me to do that but it was getting really tricky to move at all, maybe i should have stuck with it and tried for a stalemate... me & G used to play all the time when he lived here, now we play all the time anyway, (thankyou gameknot). i used to have the edge over G, i don't know that i'm losing it necesarily, but he's been beating me a bit recently...

actually cedric nash is seeing G today, cedric nash who appeared behind me this afternoon whilst i was still in my towel, first waking hour of the day making myself a tea, i hear this hmmm behind me & there he stands, with us for 5 days or so he reckons, always nice to see him. just as i'm struggling to complete harbour walls which i started (lyrically) when he was last here.

x

No comments: