Saturday, October 30, 2004

out there

just finished capital by maureen duffy, letting it sit there for awhile in my head, experimental right up to the end, the narrative broken up by pieces representing various different bits of londons history, listening to dirk wears white socks, the first album by adam & the ants earlier while i helped spski cook a house meal for dr K's birthday, released in '78, speaking of a london not dissimilar from that of this novel...

went out to buy figs earlier, a worker from the fruit shop had just been involved in a motorcycle accident on seven sisters road, paramedics, police, onlookers, the desire to take pictures suppressed because of sensibility, walking up salterton road after, images running at me to take them, getting further from the scene of the crash, eventually giving in to take pictures of these two trees, the very tops of which bathed in the late light, last night with this time, British Summer Time ends tonight, gaining an hours sleep.

saw spanna last night, lovely to see her and chill out, this after me & M from work had drunk abit & checked out the sound installation in the tate modern turbine hall, interesting, will have to go back and check it out, can't help feel that more could have been done with it in terms of sound...

spanna telling me i can get a bluetooth dongle to plug into my usb, phone pictures then making it into my computer... not long kids, not long...

& then just a word about these angry resentful fantasies that are keeping me awake at night, always with me in the wronged, angry role, righteuos... not sure where's that's coming from, although a few candidates do present themselves... i don't like that side of me, i hate self righteousness in anyone else and i'm none too pleased to see it in me...

x

No comments: