Sunday, August 08, 2004

rollercoaster ending 7 miles from where i was born

it didn't stop, from that thursday morning funking it up, into town with josiah & grace, finishing what we started, then over to the oval cricket ground to see my dad, in the members end of the pavilion, down to clapham to meet with my sister, then goodbye to family, coasting out to herne hill on a number 37 to see the pigs, A & S, S having been to kazahkstan, F there too, lives there now. really overstretched myself.

crawled into bed that night, my body refused to wake up the next day, wanted to be @ work by 10, ready for the moderator @ 1:00, finally emerged from the house around 11:30, eyes shouting at me at the top of the little lungs, contact lens a bad idea, incredibly bright sunshine, i felt & looked like someone who couldn't look after themself. walking in the shade i was just about alright, in the sunlight i just couldn't open my eyes, my feet taking me to the train fairly solidly but....

so anyway, got to work, set to it, the moderator came, i was fine. a couple of shaky moments of the kind that mean i'm doing things differently next year, but mostly a positive experience, validating my practise, pointing out where & how i can present things better.

but long, six hours.

then i came home and looked at my bed, and my bed called to me, and i thought about it. but i said no. i gathered K's bedroll, my sleeping bag & hooded top, gathered books, went out into the world, down to waterloo, met dr K, got the train to westhumble & boxhill. for the birthday / camping experience of SP.

and how glad am i that i did that. redhill about 7 miles distant so G said, where i was born. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. great company....

but more on that later...

No comments: