Monday, August 30, 2004

mad journey from last gig

balthazara loves me again, now cedric nash has gone she gives me affection, but only in the middle of the night,

i have just had the maddest journey, bumped into several old friends...

this after the gig @ cargo. over a decidedly average falafel i was telling D (singer) about my new band, rilke, having quoted rilke's line about watching over the solitude of the other in marriage to A (scottish E & he getting married a week away). D had a troubled look on her face and asked me if i was really going, i said yes that was what i was doing, she said she wished i hadn't told her before the gig, i said i wished she hadn't asked me before the gig,...

news spread to the rest of the band after we played, or even before we played for all i know, they were all in their own way very supportive, lovely, lovely bunch of people.

after my solo in african woman i think i saw tears in D's eyes,

rocking, rocking gig,

if that is to be my last gig with this band then i could not have asked for a better one,

saw M (singer from ama), really nice to talk with her, while shorio were on stage, percussion and drums from kyo. kyo, first time i've named this band in this blog.

strange.

lovely gig, sound guy very good in cargo, joy to play there. felt a little like those times when i'm leaving a house, travelling hime for the last time... really digging the lastness of it...

then i came home, keyboard on my back, sweating like a tench.

round the corner to a cashpoint, people behind me talking about ketamine and acid, lovely idea, chatted a little with them, set the tone of the journey...

over to old street to get a 214 up to angel, who should say my name as i clamber on to the back seat with my stuff but T, who made me remember where i knew him from, he works with A, italian guitarist whose band i was in for years, in fact i've been listening to recording of that band recently, leaving kyo and leaving his outfit not altogether different... T was reading a great book about sleep the last time i saw him, @ a gig in clapham i think it was, scottish E was there i think...

as i clambered off the bus @ angel, apologising to one and all for hitting them with my keyboard, my name again, A smiles at me when i look back, A who i always see at raison d'etre gigs, A who gave his vocal talents to cargo tonight over shorio, along with Y's electric guitar and P's violin (crazy moments), waving to A as the bus departs.

so i lug the keyboard over to the 19 busstop, an N43 rolls up which i consider getting on, but decide to wait for the N19, and someone else comes up to me and says R..? R... K...? it was R who i used to play harp with years ago, he was in the improvised sextet i was in all those years ago,...

all this with the full moon smiling down on us,

all that magic on this last gig night, then finally i get off @ finsbury park & i have a quick march home listening to plump dj's, what madness,

lovely old breakbeat stuff,

spoke alot about vision with M, my water image, finding ways, vision.....

x

No comments: