Tuesday, February 16, 2010

rescued by the 1930's and 2009

missed work today, for a couple of reasons, and i was feeling low...

and i was listening to the album nuclear war by sunra on spotify...

and the song "smile" came on, written as an instrumental for the 1936 charlie chaplin film, modern times, words written for nat king cole's version in the 50's,

it very much helped me, i've learned to play it on the piano and i may well do a version of it, in the same kind of way as stardust effected me back then and the plan i had for that tune, i don't know if i'll ever get to where i wanted to get to with that tune (it only got some of the way...) but this one would belong with it...

and then i watched moon, the 2009 film, which was really good... made me feel good...

so, thankyou, 1stly the 1930's, 2ndly the year 2009, and 3rdly, my day off, which is costing me money, but which i clearly needed...

spanner jazz punks rehearsal later...

x

No comments: