Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the fog

& lo & behold,

TV let me down, then the BBC came to the rescue...

i watched the fog on the iplayer just now and it almost made me cry...

it really is very good TV...

& i am sad, as my screensaver tells me...

last week it said "i am in love"...

the day before valentine's day it said "i have my eyes open"

and today it says "i am sad"

and although i am a bit sensitive to the thought of a certain ex-girlfriend of mine reading this and being pleased by it... i hereby announce, once more, that me & emivore are no more...

it happened on saturday, the day before valentine's day...

one of the 2 reasons i had for not going to work yesterday was in order not to see her... and as it's halfterm and weirdly, that place respects half of halfterm, (i should have worked yesterday, i'm not expected to work on friday), i don't now have to see her until next tuesday...

i began this current period of singleness quite relaxed and remarkably calm, but, unsurprisingly i am actually quite angry and sad...

at the rehearsal last night there was drum stool right next to me, covered in dust (the drummers studio where we rehearse is constantly shedding dust, it is below a railway track and stuff is shaken from the ceiling all the time...)

anyway, at a certain point i drew my initials into the dust on the drum stool and then i wrote "is sad"...

a bit weird because the youngest SJP (G - trombonist) was walking up to me just as i was doing this, in order to look at the lyrics i had on my music stand, and he might have seen it, i considered rubbing it out straight away but i realised that i wanted it to be said so i left it there...

later on M (baritone) sat on it, rubbing my sadness out with his arse...

at one point in this episode of madmen a character says to another character:

"you're a house cat, you're very important and you have little to do"

x

No comments: