Monday, August 18, 2008

money, or lack of it

so we reached one of our "we have no money" moments last night, but dinah had just been to the shops & i knew i was being paid today so it's alright.. scary but ok...

now this money i'm being paid today is from last month when i didn't work, so it's just fictional money, money the tax office thinks i should get back, which is fine because lloyds bank took a big old chunk of my very little money last week in charges, pushing me into my non-existent overdraft and setting me up for more charges next month...

so i knew the money coming in today would get me back into the black and then i was going to go and get some money from my savings account to put into the lloyds account ready for my loan repayment tomorrow...

a few weeks back N-power decided to put our gas on one of those card things, subject to running out in the middle of the night and when we put £10 on it only £3 makes it into our gas supply, some goes as payment for letting it go into emergency and some for the debt which N-power thinks we owe them, which is largely the previous tenants debt...

i mention this because i woke up today to the gas having run out again... still with no money, so i check online to make sure i was paid and by some perverse set of circumstances my orange mobile phone bill has taken up all the spare money from my paycheck that wasn't paying off the overdraft...

so i have no available money until i get the money from the savings account...

so i start to cycle off and get that money, but i remember midway there that i need my passport for proof of meness and i start back again...

and that's where i am now, no hot water, no money, searching around my room for this passport which is nowhere to be found...

but it will be found and all this will be dealt with, my loan repayment will go off fine tomorrow, i'll put money on the gas i'll shower,

just an extreme moment in amongst all this summer drought situation that is worth noting so i can laugh about it in a few months time when i'm swimming in money x

No comments: