Thursday, May 17, 2007

the great eat soup hunt part 2

so i tried to redeem the voucher the night of felinity's birthday but i was denied..

this being the voucher from last week's timeout that i had in my possession and that ran out of validity yesterday...

so there i was, one day left to redeem my soup, no money, free soup a darn good idea...

i set out quite late in the afternoon heading for the EAT just north of oxford circus... i arrived there only to see the same sign that had dismayed me on thursday...

soup soldout... (no soup for you)

i asked the woman serving me where the nearest EAT was and she told me there was one opposite john lewis on oxford street...

so i set off, found john lewis but no EAT opposite it...

decided to go into the apple cathedral before my soup and bumped into A straight away, lovely to see him, he made my ipod shuffle work again and i went on my way, not before he told me where the nearest EAT was...

i found it, tucked away, the same sign... soup soldout (NO SOUP FOR YOU!)... there was a single chicken soup that they offered to microwave for me but no veggie stuff...

the nearest EAT i asked forlornly?

i was directed, i got back on my bike, i stumbled across it and walked in, being greeted by a sign announcing chicken soup but no veggie... (NO SOUP FOR YOU!!)

i was weak now with hunger... i walked out of there knowing that the search for soup was in vain... decided to go to the photographers gallery where the lovely cedric nash had recommended an exhibition (he'd turned up the night before by surprise and me & dinah chatted to him for a few hours, delightful man)...

put on by found magazine the exhibition was great, bits of it made me laugh outloud, bits made me think some...

as i left there i decided to go down to that EAT on the southbank, the one that had let me down the thursday before and i almost didn't believe my eyes when i turned up there and they had pea & mint soup...

which i probably wouldn't have chosen but which was lovely...

x

No comments: