Tuesday, April 19, 2005

low tide reality locked out fool future awaits

taught approaches to composition to my class today, basically improvisation... & how it relates to composition...

i included william burroughs, got my students cutting up newspapers... also tossing coins to determine the steps of a scale... a strange afternoon it was... such an unverifiable learning process, seeking to inspire my students but i really don't if i succeeded, and the uninspired ones are the most vocal ones...

anyway, it was one of those rainy/sunny days... a walk @ break did me alot of good, then after the session i went walking down by the thames, low tide, down on the beach i walked to bits i'd never walked before, all the way from the tate modern to the london eye (almost), coming up to a very thin strip of land between the river and the... not sure of the word... the wall...?

lovely sunlight...

then home and this thorny problem i've created for myself, i've been dualbooting between windows98 & xp for a few months & i've finally sorted xp so that i don't have to return to windows98, so i gleefully removed almost everything from my windows98 hard drive, just got 10Gb or so of old audio files to find a home for before i format the whole drive... i was up last night doing all this... called it a night... woke up this morning turning my computer on to aid my lesson planning and it shook it's little head at me... no i'm afraid not sir, you can't have xp... but i only removed windows98 files...? actually sir you removed a crucial xp file and i'm not going to turn on for you, you fool... but i..? talk to the hand...

so tonight i'm blogging from the communal computer downstairs... i'll work out how to get back into my one in good time... also checking out new RAM for mine, want to be really rocking now i've got video going in... this is the downtime before the future me strolls out onto the scene... i can wait... the future is going to be marvellous... x

No comments: