Thursday, April 21, 2005

back in cannibalistic thoughts

phew....

so i'm back into my pc... from midnight monday through to now that's a frenetic oh lordy how can i fix this? 60 hours or so...

also odd to have missed more than one episode of both megatokyo & questionable content... nice to have a few back to back...

i'm checking out my RAM situation and before i make the leap from my 256Mb up to 1Gb which is the plan i've cannibalised my old PC, not much to speak of but another 128Mb is not to be sniffed at in these tight times...

had my first sessions @ hammersmith college yesterday, pretty cool... i sang harbour walls to one of my classes on the spur of the moment - i was about to listen to each of their compositions - at first there were sniggers, but i made it clear how out of order that was, incorporating how annoyed it made me into the lyrics... always surprising (to me as well) when real present life turns up in a song... that was the tune i used to improvise some of the lyrics to anyway so it was an easy leap... but it left me a little shaky, vulnerable stuff singing to a group of young people, some of whom snigger...

i also took advantage of their computers to make a bootable CD, to fix my troubles over here... it was a bit experimental but it might have worked... after that i went straight to nippy's then onto our rehearsal, by the time i got home i was sooooo tired... i got straight into bed, savouring the expectation that when i woke up i could try the cd, my troubles over maybe...

then when i woke up this morning i went straight to my keyboard bag to get the cd and discovered i'd left it @ the rehearsal - on the other side of london -

so i was just thinking of who there might be locally who had an xp machine with a cd-writer... weighing up the options of going to get the cd, going to either of my workplaces to burn another (better) one... when P turned up to work on our windows, he lives with my landlord and he has a pc...

NT 2000 as it happens but everything else i needed... so i gathered some things onto a few floppies, trundled over to their's, played a little on the fantastic piano that lives there and gradually made myself a bootable cd with which i have now made my way back into this lovely computer of mine...

x

No comments: