Tuesday, March 01, 2005

grace watching

asleep in my bed... her mum out with an old friend of hers, some necessary time spent both for me & grace, and josiah and her friend..

had my teaching observed today, went well, good lesson, taking my students through some odd relationships on the keyboard... one of the points raised was that a couple of times i was asked a question by a student and i looked away from them, to the rest of the group, to answer... an interesting thing to have pointed out...

there is a link between preforming and teaching here for me, i teach performance but i am an insular performer myself, when i'm singing my stuff my eyes are usually closed.. i'm not connecting with the audience in that way...

so eye contact....?

a question there for me..

in the next few days i'm beginning the observation of ten or so students who are doing their teaching practise in both primary & secondary schools... interesting to have been observed and then to go out and observe...

x

No comments: