Monday, May 17, 2010

finches portal dance

currently queuing for the finches... the 2nd monday in a row... after me & felinity came here for her 30th x

these days i'm playing portal... a game that's become free on steam (i heard about it on charlie brookers twitter)... it's great, it stretches my little computer...

i took a really slow train back from brighton last night, after a truly lovely weekend with grace & josiah, also catching a bit of mr dance, and a great actual dance/movement piece called expresso that josiah's downstairs neighbour was in... fantastic...

so i was on the train that took 2 & a half hours to make the hour or so long trip... i was a bit spangled (mark turned up just before i left & we piped a little before getting into a large one about israel/palestine) and i spent some of the time gazing at the fieldlines thing, some time reading, although i only had the new scientist with me & i was having trouble taking it in...

so i spent quite a bit of time in portal... it works better when @ home with my larger monitor, but it works ok with this little screen just so long as the character doesn't go into any really large rooms... i'm not sure if she can go into large rooms alright @ home, but for sure my little computer starts slowing right down when the distances get bigger with the little screen...

so for example i would be puzzling over this massive room right now but i know it would just frustrate me... hence blogging...

.............................................

ok, finches done, sat out in the dazzling sunshine after having eaten a pasta dish served up by the waterside cafe... thought i recognised a woman in with the funches as felinity's friend... with her daughter, who would be felinity's goddaughter if it was them... but i didn't make contact...

also a few finches landed on me a few times... put me in mind of the rilke poem about the birdfeeder...

very pleasing all round... and now i think about it.. i got a text yesterday from felinity showing me something she made from a book i made her get last monday while out for her birthday and she might be offering it to me...?

or she might be making another one for me... pictures when it arrives...

happy day x

2 comments:

felinity said...

As I believe you know now, it was K, and it was my goddaughter.

Glad you had fun again (they landed on you! I'm so jealous!). And I was/am offering you the thing -- I will give it to you next time I see you.

xxx

Vulpine said...

Hi! Yes, t'was I & Millie - it was a pleasure to chat to you. Felinity - a finch landed on my shoulder! :-P She freaked me out by sitting there with her wings fluttering. I only squealed a _little_ bit :o)