Wednesday, June 25, 2008

ok go big brother MC5 John Sinclair

that made me ludicrously happy...

i so love that video anyway, and i was very impressed that they got it right (enough)...

also because felinity introduced that video to me (i think) and she is my favourite person (who isn't my girlfriend) who watches big brother...

i'm deep in the manual cutting up of improvisations...

in the alphabet, A through to O represent either 4 or 8 clips (104 in all), i'm just starting F...

(C, D, E & F are the only 4 ones, all the others are 8)

it's proper mental...

me & my beautiful girl went to the RFH last night to see the MC5, Primal Scream & John Sinclair...

our favourite bit was at the end where both bands came on together and it really kicked off... then a few tunes in our friend john walked on, bearded as ever... read "What is Jazz?" to a partly bemused audience and walked off again...

it was genius...

D & N, old friends who currently manage john got us the tickets and also got us backstage afterwords, i spoke with wayne from the MC5... also met a saxophonist from funkadelic who i hope to get into an improvisation in august...

it was quite a night...

x

1 comment:

felinity said...

You were at the Royal Festival Hall last night? I had dinner at that Giraffe restaurant on the south bank underneath the RFH, and then drinks at that bar where you played the piano a couple of months ago. We were only a few yards apart!

(Also: I loved it I loved it!)