Sunday, December 04, 2005

tati night bus kismet

she calls me boobelah in her text messages...

i now know what it means, it's yiddish, she is studying judaism with a view to converting so what happened last night i shall call kismet...

yesterday afternoon i pressed record on the video for sherlock holmes and the scarlet claw and went out to manolis's cafe, then onto the train station to catch a train to acton central where i chilled out a bit with nippy before she drove us (& her son R) to brighton to see josiah's gospel gig...

grace came with dad T, josiah was this time in the performance choir, she sang an improvised solo, the choir sounded amazing, the work of K who used to teach with me, josiah & nippy several years ago now...

in particular i'm a believer, marvellous & amen were just stunning, a great singer called wayne ellington sang this last one, a lovely melody to the word amen that he sang over three octaves... hair-raising stuff...

on the way back i phoned TfL and verified that i would miss the last tube back from nippy's... so i decided to nightbus it, not something i've done that much of in the last few years, not yet that flush to take a taxi in that setting...

anyway i spoke to my squeeze and it turned out she was drinking in town with some friends, nippy dropped me off at a busstop in acton and i immediately caught an N7 bus heading to russell square, opened my book and started wending my way through it's pages while the bus wended it's way through west london,

before too long though the nightbus was becoming populated with noisy drunken folk, making reading hard, then impossible...

so i phoned my squeeze again who was by this time waiting for the N91, which passes russell square, so i suggested that i catch that same N91 once my bus had made it's way to it's destination... just so long as my bus got there first...

now willing the bus to be quicker as it finally left west london and slowly trundled along oxford street... my squeeze now on her bus...

my N7 reaching russell square and then a quick dash to find the right busstop, seeing her N91 pull up and running over to it, you know that run into the road so that the busdriver knows you're there? (and has the option of running you over)...

a perfectly timed set of bus journeys bringing me into the arms of my squeeze...

woke up today and watched the sherlock holmes film with spski who then insisted on putting on a jacques tati short film concerning bicycles... very funny...

x

No comments: