Monday, January 31, 2011

marking jarvis

listening to yesterday's sunday service... with a very intelligent piece about the monkees...

foolish - as i'm also marking...

which of course means i'm also playing minesweeper...

@ which i have been going through a period of not being that good... my average of 24% which i sometimes get up to 25% had slipped down to 23% this morning... something i have now rectified...

i think i have been genuinely less clever over the last few weeks... an unfortunate mixture of causes... combining the end of my winter cold (or - just a continuation of my winter cold), the marking itself, which doesn't always make me more stupid, but mixed in with my peculiar behaviour with my heart these last 2 weeks (me & E broke up - floating about each other since then & could easily get back together... but haven't yet)...

however today i not only completed my tax return in record time...

i do feel a return to an older longcat - slightly more able... not that me & E are there yet - in either direction... not that i have so far managed to complete my marking - & lord knows that's something i'm looking forward to...

possibly me & E are wrapped up with the marking... once i've got through that i can really think straight about her... maybe...

this morning she went to work & i felt like the tax return would be easy - the momentum would carry me through the marking - i'd have it done by the time episodes comes on BBC2 tonight... not the likeliest outcome right now - but not absolutely out of the question...

around 1pm i was reading the new scientist whilst walking back from the cafe... i got in, sat on the sofa still in my coat... found reading a little difficult and realised i needed to sleep... so i got into bed... slept until about 3pm... woke with the sunlight and the blue sky in the thin gap of the curtains... balthazara there -

& it felt almost like i was owed this lovely waking moment from yesterday... when i was really hung over & sleep was sought after... E rang me about midday & it was still too early - it woke me up but i wanted more sleep - wanted to wake up more normally -

so - very nice to have that today - might mess with my sleep tonight, & i've got earlyless & lateness tomorrow...

anyway - more marking - less rambling x

No comments: