Wednesday, July 22, 2009

peter green

"i can't about help the shape i'm in,
i can't sing, i ain't pretty and my legs are thin,
but don't ask me what i think of you,
i might not give the answer that you want me to..."

so it's difficult, this whole breaking up with dinah thing...

funny that...

anyway, all kinds of different emotions are floating around and popping up to the surface these days...

and a surprising number of them are reflected in 4 songs by peter green from the late 60's...

so of course i'm listening to these songs a fair bit...

oh well,
albatross,
man of the world,
the green manalishi with the two pronged crown,

now, peter green was away from the music scene for long time but as i understand he's back...

and how much would i dearly love to do a weekly improvisation with peter green?

x

2 comments:

felinity said...

Man of the World was one of my favourite songs ever, circa 1994. I listened to it on repeat endlessly (well, I would have done if I'd have a CD player -- in fact I listened to it on cassette, rewould, listened again...).

longcat said...

i'm half expecting to get a note from my downstairs neighbours about how many times i've listened to that song this week x

all that effort, rewinding... are but we were happy x