Saturday, April 25, 2009

apple blossom time

i'm down in blewbury for the weekend, came to see the blewbury opera which was great, noye's fludde by benjamin britten...

it's been a long time since i was here at this time of year, the apple trees in the garden are all in different moments of blossom, a couple of them are bright white with dashes of pink... lovely...

reminds me of the old song that's been floating around my head for a month or so anyway...

this house was built on one half of an orchard, cleared of most of it's trees of course, so i've always been around apples, and i love them...

but i was eating an apple last night and i couldn't remember the last time i'd had an apple...

it's just me & mum & dad, dinah was due to come down but she couldn't in the end...

i've been relaxing, developing sounds in my mopho which i decided to bring in the absence of the piano that used to be in this house but is now in me & dinah's flat...

went up the hill earlier, watched the sunset justlike i used to...

as i was walking up i was listening to this week's improvisation - recorded on thursday but not yet in video form... just me & D (drummer) me on the mopho...

a couple of times i'm playing a repeating line while changing the filter, the sound opening out...

and both times the sun came out from behind a cloud...

so i'm walking, with the sun behind me, and as the music expands outwards the light comes out on everything... the sun close to the horizon... everything i can see is lit up by this lovely bright spring sunshine...

quite something...

today i've been imagining doing a gig on my own, with all my sounds... with sequences from the mopho mixed with piano or organ, maybe singing and playing a harmony line on the organ...

imagination such a rich ground to get music from...

x

No comments: