Monday, March 09, 2009

yr3wk38 upright piano


yr3wk38 upright piano from longcat on Vimeo.

this is from tuesday afternoon, it's the 1st time i've used a mirror video effect in an improvisation, and it's also the 1st time the audio has gone through the computer in the studio, a couple of UAD effects on it...

it's also been ages since i did one on a real piano - (actually that's not true - me & gareth did one using a real piano only a couple of weeks ago)

now - yesterday i was in the suit all day...

after it was all over i was walking along tufnell park road, my smart shoes making a loud sound with every step... i overtook another man, also wearing loud, smart shoes...

i was really tired and a bit frazzled and it was very pleasing to hear the sound of my steps and his steps ringing out, slightly different speeds, but very close, mine slightly faster than his... 2 rhythms gradually going in and out of phase...

eased my troubled mind...

x

1 comment:

musikgear.com said...

longcat, I want a record from you. Where cab I get your recordings please ?

Tristan

theau at yahoo.com