Thursday, December 18, 2008

the beatles

i was in the post office today, queueing, and a post office employee came up to me to suggest i open a cash ISA...

i declined,

about 3 minutes later the man in front of me, scottish, smelling a little of alcohol & in his 60's, started talking to me about how they all want your money... how he's never trusted banks... how he's glad he's single and hasn't got a mortgage...

this carries on for awhile, until he's almost at the front of the queue, whereupon he says goodbye to me and wishes me a happy christmas...

after a short pause he turns back to me and turns back his coat to reveal a beatles badge on his jacket lapel...

"the beatles forever" he says... tells me he saw them perform in glasgow on the 3rd of december 1965, it was the opening gig of their last world tour, it cost him 50p, (10 bob) and he went with "a bird" called "nancy fairy", and as soon as the curtains started to open, as soon as that big ludwig bass drum came into view all the women started screaming and ran to the front of the crowd...

at this, he was called away to perform whatever task he needed to do in the post office x

No comments: